Have you ever wondered if you should disclose your ADHD to your employer, your boss or your coworkers? Maybe even your clients?
First, this is your choice but hopefully this discussion will help you make the right choice for your situation.
This week we have back Grant Crowell, Author of Grantasms Creative twisted words for cool people! and a self-professed social wordsmith.
Grant has been an employee, a contractor he’s talked about his ADHD and some cases he hasn’t talked about his ADHD.
In this discussion about disclosing your ADHD in the workplace, we cover:
- What are the negatives of disclosing your ADHD.
- The positive examples of disclosing ADHD.
- Resources available to understand your options for reasonable accommodations.
- What reasonable accommodations are in the workplace.
Grant provides several tips to help you make the decision about disclosing your ADHD to your employer.
- Find an ally if possible.
- Obtain an official diagnosis of ADHD.
- Understand your strengths in the workplace.
- Don’t wait too long if you need accommodations.
Grant is hosting a webinar about how to get workplace accommodations for ADHD. The link is below as well as other links to connect with Grant.
Find Grant’s book here: https://www.amazon.com/GRANTASMS-Creative-twisted-words-people-ebook/dp/B07ZY9JDPP
Connect with him on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrantCrowell