Communicating your needs in the workplace when you have ADHD can be challenging. Especially if you are hesitant to disclose your ADHD. However, to thrive in a career and a specific workplace may require you to express your needs to help you do a better job and enjoy your work.
Back on the podcast is therapist turn coach Diann Wingert. Diann will discuss with Dave the reasons we hesitate to communicate our needs as well as the reasons why we must. And she will give listeners specific ways to communicate more comfortably in the workplace with ADHD.
If you don’t feel like you’re getting your needs met at work, feel like you are getting walked on, or feel burned out, you’ll need to listen to this advice.
Maybe you need a change of pace at work or would like certain accommodations to be more effective at work, Diann has some great tips for moving forward.
You may also be an entrepreneur and need to have difficult conversations with clients.
Diann and Dave go over the following topics in this podcast:
- Why confidence and clarity are mission critical.
- The difference between wants and needs.
- Why you must advocate for yourself.
- How to communicate what you do want instead of what you do not want.
- How to reframe conversations in the positive.
- How to test your needs with smaller asks.
- And much more…
Find Diann here, including her awesome podcast!