In this episode we talk about kindness and we touch upon the related item of respect. We discuss why kindness matters in life, your business world and more importantly, kindness to yourself.
This week’s guest is Tara Cousineau, PhD and author of the book The Kindness Cure; How the Science of Compassion Can Heal Your Heart and Your World. Tara is a clinical psychologist a meditation teacher and is connected with Harvard University.
In her book she talks about the many subjects related to kindness including, stress, compassion, emotions and gratitude.
On the podcast we discuss
- The definition of kindness
- In 2019, is kindness is lacking in our society?
- She explains why kindness takes effort.
- What does stress have to do with kindness or lack of kindness?
- How do we be kind to ourselves? Despite our past experiences, etc…
- Is kindness being embraced in business culture?
- The benefits of meditation both personally and in the business world.
You can find out more about Tara and her work at: https://www.taracousineau.com/
Her book The Kindness Cure can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/Kindness-Cure-Science-Compassion-Heart/dp/1626259690/
The Ted talk she refers to in our discussion with Rick Hanson can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpuDyGgIeh0