When the message in your business is complicated, it causes many distractions as well as many other barriers to running a successful and growing company. From the front line, speaking with your potential customers all the way to the top to understand why your company does what it does, a lack of clarity and simplicity can make it difficult to convey what you do and why you do it.
This episode we chat with Stephen Melanson of Melanson Consulting based just outside of Boston. Stephen’s firm specializes in verbal branding and simplicity. He helps companies of all sizes get clear on a simple but effective message to help drive sales and revenue and provide a framework for that business. And in the end, help to differentiate your business from others in the market.
Here are some of our discussion points and takeaways;
- What do companies get wrong in this area of messaging?
- Why does a mixed message cause distractions in a business?
- How does complicating matters around message, hurt a business? Internal, external?
- For the busy and distracted entrepreneur or person in business, why is this even more important? Or for that matter, an entire organization that’s distracted, unfocused.
- When everyone is aligned in an organization, what happens?
- Is the elevator speech still a thing?
- How does a busy company or small business begin the process of simplifying their message?
- Stephen’s top tips for implementing solid verbal branding and simplicity in a business of any size.
You can find out more about Melanson Consulting here: