This week we chat with the high-energy Master Paul Melella. Paul is a 6th degree black belt in Taekwondo and runs a very successful martial arts business in New York. Paul is also a partner in the firm Empowered Mastery where he coaches high-performing individuals to take their career and business to new levels.
Paul talks about what is needed to gain and maintain some mental toughness in the business world. There are so many ups and downs as well as emotions when it comes to being in business or being in a career that has high demands. Paul walks us through what it takes to navigate the rough waters of business.
Some of the things we discuss are:
- Defining mental toughness in business
- Why is it important to have a little bit of toughness when you are in the business world?
- What from the martial arts can someone bring into their business?
- For someone that might be prone to distractions or unfocused, how does Paul work with them?
- How do we work through frustrations, such as being in sales, building a business? Meeting goals?
- Do things like fear and confidence tend to chip away at someone’s ability to hang tough in business?
- Paul’s top tips for mental toughness in the business world
You can find out more about Paul and Empowered Mastery at: www.EmpoweredMastery.com