How to manage a crisis in your business.
There is one distraction that takes on a life of its own sometimes and it is a crisis in a business. Having a public relations crisis can not only distract you, it can stop you dead in your tracks if not handled properly.
You may say, this will never happen to me. But guess what, you would be wrong. It can happen to anyone in business. And in this world of social media, it is very different than when the only way to get news out was TV, radio and newspapers. News travels faster than at any time in our history.
We talk with Judy Rakowsky of Liberty Square Group in Boston about how to prepare, handle and mitigate the effects of a business crisis. Judy is the Senior Vice President of the firm and works with many organizations in managing and planning for a crisis.
Our discussion includes:
- We define a crisis.
- A crisis is the ultimate distraction in an organization. Why does it disrupt so much?
- Why does Judy think many in business are unprepared?
- We talk about how a crisis in this digital/social media world is a different event.
- Does Judy feel there are always advance signs of a crisis?
- In this digital age with social media, can we adequately create a crisis plan?
- What are the first few things a business should do when presented with a crisis?
- Judy’s top tips for staying out of or managing a crisis.
Find out more about Judy and Liberty Square Group at: https://libertysquaregroup.com/